Business Service Providers
Business Service Providers
Are you considering a new business idea or already operating your new business in Franklin County? Either way, it helps to know where to turn when you have a question, a challenge, or an opportunity.
There are four key business service providers located in Franklin County.
All four providers offer a wide-range of no-cost or low cost resources and services to assist you with key business decisions covering topics like establishing a business, business planning, networking, marketing, budgeting, financing, hiring employees, and ensuring you have the right licenses and permits.
Additional Entrepreneurial Support Organizations (ESOs)
In addition to the four key business service providers, our local, state, and federal governments as well as other community organizations offer additional resources and services to support entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- Central Community House - Academy for Community Entrepreneurs (Nonprofit) - Assists entrepreneurs within the 43205 zip code overcome challenges to small business success, offers trainings on business planning, marketing, capital access, and more
- Columbus Metropolitan Library (Public Library) - Offers no-cost business classes that focus on marketing, consumer demographic research, and entrepreneurial education
- Conway Center for Family Business (Nonprofit) - Educational resources and programs for family-owned businesses in Franklin County and surrounding counties
- Dreambuilder (Nonprofit) - Free online business courses for beginning entrepreneurs that are designed for women entrepreneurs but available for anyone
- FindLaw - Small Business Law - Comprehensive guide to legal questions facing entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Kauffman Entrepreneurs (Nonprofit) - Diverse collection of educational resources for entrepreneurs developed by the Kauffman Foundation
- Kauffman FastTrac (Nonprofit) - Self-paced training opportunities for aspiring entrepreneurs developed by the Kauffman Foundation
- OSU - Center for Cooperatives (Public University) - Supports new and emerging cooperative businesses with learning, development, and research
- Rev1 Ventures (Nonprofit) - Incubation, capital access, and business support services for high-tech startups, including food and agriculture startups
- SCORE (Nonprofit) - Offers no-cost mentorship, training, educational resources for entrepreneurs and business owners. Columbus SCORE offers specific resources for businesses in central Ohio.
- SEA Change (Nonprofit) - Intensive curriculum and incubation for entrepreneurs starting social enterprises
- Social Ventures (Nonprofit) - Training, incubation, and capital access for social enterprises
Learn more about the Franklin County Food Business Portal
Locate resources and services for your business